This is an old revision of the document!
EMSE will prepare You to cope with professional practice that will encompass a wide range of activities, including technical, problem solving, management, ethical and legal issues, written and oral communication abilities and, very importantly, the ability to keep up in a rapidly changing discipline.
As successful EMSE student You will be also able to:
- Have solid knowledge on foundations, methods, and techniques of requirements analysis and design, software process development, software design, and verification and validation
- Employ the scientific methods of investigation in SE; in particular understanding and using mathematical instruments that support SE and its practice
- Understand and apply principles, structures, and use of SE
- Have basic knowledge of public, corporate and professional cultures and societies in Europe
- Have practice in various software applicative sectors in the socio-economic context including the non-IT specific like health, automotive, energy
- Be able to work in large autonomy also managing projects and infrastructures over different platforms, like cloud, distributed, or mobile systems
- Have a command of the SE technical knowledge and skills necessary to practise as software developer
- Have a command of the SE management skills needed to organize and control software project team work
- Be able to reconcile conflicting project objectives providing reasonable cost and time information
- Overcome the challenges of global software development and internationalization
<html> <font color=#FE642E>In sum, with EMSE You will gain a solid knowledge to be applied as managers in software companies or IT specialist or researchers in academia. The course prepares You for follow-up PhD studies in SE (e.g. International Doctorate in Software Engineering (IDSE).</font><html>