This is an old revision of the document!
To improve trading-off theory and practice, to enforce a seamless synergy between the industrial and academic stakeholder and to help students’ employability, the new EMSE curriculum includes a compulsory Internship Program.
Every academic (full and associate) partner offers an internship (4 ECTS = 200 hrs.) in an external organization (e.g. associate non-academic partners) after the second semester of any learning path.
In addition, the Task Force commits is working to recruit new organizations willing to hosts students’ internships or theses. Actually, non-academic associate partners can host students for any elective activity and USP has expressed the intention to host 12 students per year for an Internship with its companies.
The Internship Program provides a direct channel for feedback and evaluation of EMSE program in terms of its practical application to real world. Feedback from companies and research centers as well as from students will be collected at the internship completion by the advisory office of the Second University. to reassume the Companies and institutions already adhering to the Internship Program are:
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Experimental Software Engineering (IESE), Kaiserslautern, Germany * Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Boadilla del Monte - Madrid, Spain
- ICMC Departamento de Ciências Computação Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil
- Ericsson AB, Karlskrona, Sweden * Würth Phoenix Srl, Bolzano, Italy
- EDP Progetti Srl, Bolzano, Italy
- Opera21 Nordest Srl, Bolzano, Italy