This is an old revision of the document!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the constraints to move to the second university?
Students need to have gained at least 52 ECTS in the first year. In particular these credits have to be gained by September after the end of the first academic year.No exception is made.
2. Since EMSE is offered as part of a consortium of universities, it should be clearly stated which institution will award the diploma degree. Would it be the University of Bozen-Bolzano? This is in fact a novelty: both the universities in which a student will attend the course will give the degree. It is in fact a double degree. So a student receive two Master degree with the effort of one
9. Are there grants for EU students?
Since 20010/2011 there will be some Erasmus Mundus scholarships. Please visit the EMSE web page http://emse.fi.upm.es/scholarships.php
EU and NON- EU students can get LLP grants for the year abroad. To have more information please contact our international relation office
EU students if they have the residence in Bolzano for at least one year can get the local grant. Ask the International relation office for further information
For EU citizens the EMSE consortium has issued a call for three grants for hte academic year 2010/2011. Visit the page “Call for EU scholarships” !
10. Where I can find useful information to study in Europe?
Please visit the web site www.study-in-europe.org
11. What is the PNC Italy?
The PNC = Punto Nazionale di Contatto collects and re-distribute info on Erasmus Mundus. Please visit the Italian PNC for information that can also help you
12. What is the social fees of 129 Euro? Should I have to pay it?
The social fee is a local tax that many European universities have. All the students (Granted and non - granted) have to pay it. This is not taken by the consortium and is not included in the 3000 Euro of tuition fee. So once you arrive in Bolzano you need to pay it. The international relation office is responsible to communicate it.
13. Degree award from FUB
once you have defended your thesis at FUB or at another university of the consortium you need to sson inform prof. Russo about your defense result and date
Then you have to contact Mrs. Cumer of the segretariat to complete the procedure to get the FUB degree:
In particular, you have to send her the following documents:
- exam certificate of the partner university if you did not defend your thesis at FUB
- graduation certificate.- PDF of your ThesisYou have also to fill out “Request for archiving and digital upload of Thesis” form (you can download it here:
You also have to send 2 “marche da bollo” (or 30 Euros).
Afterwards, prof. Russo makes a request to the Degree Course Committee for the recognition of both your exams and your graduation.