This is an old revision of the document!

Frequently Asked Questions

We know it is boreing but scroll this page till the end. You can find useful info at the bottom

  1. What are the constraints to move to the second university?
    Students need to have gained at least 52 ECTS in the first year. In particular these credits have to be gained by September after the end of the first academic year.No exception is made.

2. Since EMSE is offered as part of a consortium of universities, it should be clearly stated which institution will award the diploma degree. Would it be the University of Bozen-Bolzano? This is in fact a novelty: both the universities in which a student will attend the course will give the degree. It is in fact a double degree. So a student receive two Master degree with the effort of one :-)

3. Workload: Has the EMSE a minimum workload of 1500 work hours per academic year, and a minimum of 60 ECTS? EMSE has a standard Master study plan. Namely it is created on the base of an existing one. It has 60 ECTS per year and it lasts 2 years. 4. How can I pre-enroll if I am not an European Citizen? The registration procedure for the pre-enrolment at Italian university degree programmes for non-European students is handled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The pre-enrolment has to be done in your country at the Italian representative authority (usually the Italian embassy or consulate), which also translates and certifies your qualifications. On the pre-enrolment application, applicants must indicate one university degree only and the university which they intend to apply to. Detailed and up to date information can be found at the Ministry site for foreign students (English version coming soon), and at the Faculty site for foreign students' pre-enrolment; the University has prepared a general guide for foreign students' pre-enrolment (note that the general guide does not consider the specificity of this European Master). If you plan to pre-enrol in our Faculty, our suggestion is to prepare the necessary documents well in advance, as admission procedures can be very complicated and time-consuming. 7. How can I select the elective courses for my study plan? At the beginning of the year students will meet thieir study plan advisor. Fro the EMSE consortium the study plan advisor is dott. Emanuele Danovaro and Bruno Rossi( Bruno.Rossi@unibz.itThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ) 8. Are ther grants for Non European citizens. The European Masters Program in Software Engineering offers some Erasmus Mundus scholarships for non European citizens. Each scholarship for each student amounts to 21,000€ per academic year; this includes 10 monthly grants, a fixed amount for fees, travel expenses, relocation costs, etc; so for this Master program lasting two years, each student receives double this amount, i.e. 42,000€. Please check the web site of the consortium for furthe information. The Itfalian Ministry of Foreign Affairs awards scholarships and study grants to non Italian citizens (“foreign nationals”), through the Italian representative authority in their country (usually the Italian embassy or consulate). The Italian representative authority will support the student to get information and to prepare the necessary documents for the scholarship. Non-EU citizens with residence in the province of Bozen-Bolzano for at least one year, can apply to the local ordinary scholarship as described above for European citizens. The scholarship is granted purely on the basis of the yearly income of the applicant and of her/his parents or husband/wife, and it is up to 5,400€ per year.

9. Are there grants for EU students?

Since 20010/2011 there will be some Erasmus Mundus scholarships. Please visit the EMSE web page

EU and NON- EU students can get LLP grants for the year abroad. To have more information please contact our international relation office

EU students if they have the residence in Bolzano for at least one year can get the local grant. Ask the International relation office for further information

For EU citizens the EMSE consortium has issued a call for three grants for hte academic year 2010/2011. Visit the page “Call for EU scholarships” !

10. Where I can find useful information to study in Europe?

Please visit the web site

11. What is the PNC Italy?

The PNC = Punto Nazionale di Contatto collects and re-distribute info on Erasmus Mundus. Please visit the Italian PNC for information that can also help you

12. What is the social fees of 129 Euro? Should I have to pay it?

The social fee is a local tax that many European universities have. All the students (Granted and non - granted) have to pay it. This is not taken by the consortium and is not included in the 3000 Euro of tuition fee. So once you arrive in Bolzano you need to pay it. The international relation office is responsible to communicate it.

13. Degree award from FUB

once you have defended your thesis at FUB or at another university of the consortium you need to sson inform prof. Russo about your defense result and date

Then you have to contact Mrs. Cumer of the segretariat to complete the procedure to get the FUB degree:

In particular, you have to send her the following documents:

- exam certificate of the partner university if you did not defend your thesis at FUB

- graduation certificate.- PDF of your ThesisYou have also to fill out “Request for archiving and digital upload of Thesis” form (you can download it here:

You also have to send 2 “marche da bollo” (or 30 Euros).

Afterwards, prof. Russo makes a request to the Degree Course Committee for the recognition of both your exams and your graduation.

emse/faq.1337355263.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/02/18 10:12 (external edit)
Driven by DokuWiki Recent changes RSS feed Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0